Anything But a Card that is.......
Over on the Card Ideas blog~The sky is the limit as long as it isn’t a card. This is also their Christmas/Winter challenge, so try to create a gift project that you can give at Christmas or in the winter. Just think you will be one gift ahead come December! Ü
The other day at work one of my co-workers was throwing away some old CD which we no longer needed. I was like "Hey....save me some, I'm sure I can find something to do with them". Well she saved me well over 50 CD's and I have been playing with them.
This is my creation - a cute fridge magnet!! This is just one of the ideas I have actually made for right now.
Here is a quick little tutorial on how I did it:
1. Take a 5-1/4" circular piece of card stock. I bought mine already cut in a scallop pattern, but if you have Cricut, you could cut it on there. And your old, unwanted CD.
2. Next get out your glue, I used Glossy Accents.
3. Now put just a little glue around the CD, and adhere to the paper.
4. Now cut out a patterned paper in a 5" circle.
5. And adhere that to the other side of the CD.
6. Adhere to the backside of the scallop, magnets or magnetic tape cut to fit as I did.
7. Now pick out your saying and embellishments you would like to use.
8. Adhere you embellishments and TA-DA....a wonderful fridge magnet for you to gift to a friend or family member.
This was my first tutorial...I hope I explained everything ok and made it easy to understand. Well....enjoy and hope to see you over on the Card Ideas Blog http://card-ideas.blogspot.com/