Sunday, November 13, 2011

More Christmas

I'm finally starting to get a little more in the mood for Christmas.  Not sure why it's 'taking' so long this year.  Maybe because the weather had been pretty decent here yet so far for November.

Anyway.....I went to my most FAVORITE store the other day~Archiver's. I was just bummin the other day and thought 'what the heck, let's see what's new'.   $100 later......YIKES  : ) 

Here is card using one of my latest purchases from Archiver's.  They are called Paper Blossoms by McGill.  You can create numerous flowers using these various punches and tools.  I purchased the Star Lilly from which you can make Lilly & Poinsettias.


Although most of us know of Poinsettias as red, I like the non-traditional colors the floral shops and now more retails are leaning towards.  And I also went w/a more non-traditional color for the card as well.  Here I tried to get a better close up picture of the Poinsettia with all of it's shimmer and sparkle.
After punching and shaping the leaves, I inked the edges w/pink chalk ink , assembled and then sprayed w/Maya Road mist.  I included a pic below of the punches and the mist.
I hope you like my 1st attempt at creating a Poinsettia using my great new punch.  As always - I LOVE to hear your comments.

~~Peace, Love & Joy~~

Michelle

Challenges:
Inky Impressions~Glitter It Up





5 comments:

  1. very impressive! Love that it's pink and not red and green.. Can't wait for you to teach me this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE and....LOVE! WOW! Can't wait to see the tool! Looks like a lot of fun! I just LOVE the colors you used for this card! So neat sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle this is beautiful, gorgeous colours, love that flower too, thanks for glittering it up with us at inky impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fav colour combo pink & black stunning
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love this card color. Pink is my favorite color. Your card is also very nice. card is best for giving gifts and sharing feelings.

    ReplyDelete