Wednesday, September 10, 2014

FTHS weekly inspiration

Hi everyone - hope you all are doing good!

I have the whole week off - a 'staycation' if you will. We had painters over doing our entire 1st floor, hall, and stairs. Someone had to be present while they were here, and the hubby was up bear hunting this week so it was me. But that's quite alright, plenty of little projects around here to get caught up on :) P.S. Hubby got his bear - YAY!!
 
Well, now for the weekly inspiration post. This is the first time I can say I was truly stumped when it came to the sketch. SO.. I opted for the twist
"Use Something Recycled" part.

WAY back when one of my first tutorials was using a CD. For the most part CD's are pretty much a thing of the past. With iPods, cell phones and thumb drives - you can pretty much store your stuff in numerous places. The company I work for use to receive plans & specs for upcoming projects on CD's. After a certain amount of time, we would basically throw these out as we no longer had a use for them. So I said - save me a bunch I will find something to do with them.
 
Here is my project. I basically take the CD and 'sandwich' it between the 2 pieces of cardstock. That's what gives it durability. I then create my magnet - for lack of a better word. Seems how fall is coming, I decided to make a fall themed magnet. So, after it is all done - up on the frig it goes. To hang up the grandkids works of art :)


Image: Autumn Flower Jar
Paper: BoBunny Camp-a-Lot, Burnt orange card stock, pre cut scalloped cardstock
Coloring Medium: Copics, Sakura Clear Star pen
Other Supplies: Prima Flowers, Bazzill Basics Paper flowers, Mister Hueys Shine, QuicKutz Nesting Circles die, Martha Stewart leaf/branch punch, old unwanted CD, magnets
Special Techniques: Using recycled materials


DON'T FORGET - our September Blog Hop is still going on. Make sure you get in on all the fun. Lots of great tutorials and prizes to be given away!
 
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, what a great work of art and a great way to recyle old CD´s. Thanks for the Inspiration !!

    ReplyDelete