Thursday, February 3, 2011

For the Birds

This weeks image from Faith @ http://designed2delight.blogspot.com/ is "For the Birds Snowman".

The hat, scarf and pocket are all paper pieced, his jacket is Copic markers along with the hearts and nose. As I have a limited # of Copics - the birds were colored in w/good ol' colored pencils. I added some shimmer and snow, and then I got an idea. Faith also had a cute image "Balancing Hearts" that I thought would look awesome incorporated into the design. So, I opened up my Adobe Photoshop, merged my 2 images together and this is my final product.



On the horizontal brown piece of card stock ~ I used ColorCore cardstock, ran it thru my Cuttlebug, and then sanded it. Below is a close up to show some more of the details a little better.




I will also be entering this in the CardPatterns weekly sketch blog http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2011/01/sketch-100.html. Designed2Delight is offering TWO $10 gift certificates this week- that's 1 certificate for TWO different random participants.


Well....hope you like and please be sure to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them all! Til we meet again ~ Happy Scrappin'

Michelle

5 comments:

  1. I love your card! The balancing hearts with bird was a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!! Thank you for joining us at Card Patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Love the embossed swirls and the dimensional effects you added on your snowman!

    Glad you could join us at Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo fun...love the applique! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't always get around to take a close look at all the challenge cards (so sorry this is so late), but I just LOVE these images combined together!! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete