Monday, October 29, 2012

Birthday card/new technique

My oldest granddaughter celebrated her 7th birthday a few weeks back.  Of course, as most of us know it's all about the gifts and not so much the card.  Although, she does enjoy making cards w/me so I thought I would try out a new technique to see if it worked.  Plus, I thought she would really enjoy it. 

I had seen a couple of tutorials on scratch n sniff cards/images.  So I thought, why not make a cupcake and make the frosting 'chocolate' scented.  So I went out on You Tube and found a 'recipe' for making scents.
You basically use any sugar-free product like Kool-Aid, Jell-O or drink mix (Crystal Light).  They had suggested mixing it 3 parts clear embossing powder to 1 part sugar-free mix.  It had said it was better to error on the side of caution, then not to have all of your mix 'melt'.  Again, this is why it has to be sugar-free - so as to melt w/the clear embossing powder.  I had picked up a cheap store brand chocolate pudding and gave it a try.  I put my mix into a cup and mixed it up really good. 

I had cut out the 'frosting' of the cupcake on my Cricut w/brown cardstock.  Then inked it up w/Versamark, and then put on the mixed embossing powder.  Making sure to coat it really good.  Tapped of the excess, and used my heat gun and TA-DA.....a chocolate scented cupcake.


Here it is:

I had her scratch it and tell me what it smelled like.  She was like "Grandma, it smells like chocolate....yum".  Now I can't wait to try other flavors :)

I had fun and I hope you will try it and see what you think!!

Thanks for stopping by
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment