Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bella turns 3

Our youngest granddaughter Isabella turned 3 recently, and we celebrated at Chuck E Cheese. After that, we stopped back at our house for some cake.
 
Now usually I always buy a cake at the local grocery store.  But this time I wanted to make a special cake. I had this 'vision' in my head of how I wanted it to turn out, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time and money on it either.  So basically I just 'winged it' and here is how it turned out.
 


 
I know my mother is not fond of chocolate cake, so I made Spice cupcakes as well. The ladybug was white on the bottom and chocolate on the top.  I used regular buttercream frosting for the body of the ladybug. The 'grass' was actually a little thicker frosting that I bought at the local cake decorating place.  It's more for like making roses and things that need to hold there shape a little better than what normal frosting would.  That is where I also got the lil ladybugs, eyes and flowers as well.
 
I won't be quitting my day job anytime soon...lol...but I really enjoyed making it for her. And her face when she seen it was priceless  :)
 
Thanks for stopping!!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment