Friday, September 23, 2011

Sooooo much fun!!!

That's what my girlfriends and I had while at Archiver's Scrapfest 11' @ the Mall of America!  This was our 3rd year, and it was just as exciting as the first!  So many vendors, demos, freebies and classes - OH MY!!  But we had a blast learning new techniques and using new products.

I want to share with you by far - the most fun card I made all weekend.  I LOVE taking the Hero Arts classes.  Shari Carroll and Jennifer McGuire from Hero Arts are so much fun and my favorite ladies. 
Below is a sample of one of the cards from the "Thinking Inking" class that I took.

I just love the colors, and this was surprisingly easy to make.  Of course due to time limits, most of the stuff is cut and ready to go for us.  But we got to do the most fun part of this card, which was the background.  You basically stamp your background w/Versamark Ink onto watercolor paper and then white heat emboss the image.  You then take Distress Inks and dab all over the watercolor paper, in alternating colors starting with your lighter color first.  Believe me, it kind of looks like a mess at first, but turns out wonderful as you can see.  You then spray heavily with a Perfect Pearl and water mix of 1 tsp Perfect Pearls to a full mist bottle, and set aside to dry.

You can then add your embellishments once dry on top and your set to go!  Don't you just love how the colors 'blend' together and once dry, you have that pearl shimmery look to it!

I will be sharing some more cards I made @ Scrapfest along the way, so keep your eyes open. 

Toodles for now

*HUGS*

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment