Wednesday, January 20, 2016

FTHS Mid Week Inspiration post

Hello friends!
 
Welcome to another mid-week inspiration post at From The Heart Stamps.

Not sure how the weather is by you, but here in the Midwest it has been bitterly cold! So it was fun to work on this card that reminds me spring IS coming...lol.
 
 I usually print off the sketch layouts ahead of time so I have them in front of me as I craft. But I am running low on ink, and my layout printed rather lightly on my sheet. And I didn't quite "catch" that there was another 'layer' on the left side of the sketch. But anyway....I also incorporated the twist as well. I have a couple of "twist" of the nature on here. The natural feel of the card being that it's on kraft cardstock. Also, if you look closely at the background DP - it has trees w/leaves on them. And finally - the branches and rose which can be found out in nature :)


Image: Prickles Says Hello
Paper: Kraft cardstock, the Paper Studio Little Safari w/glitter
Coloring Medium: Copics, Gelly Roll Clear Star pen
Other Supplies: Glossy Accents, Spellbinder Celebrations Pierced Circle die, Recollections roses, Cheery Lynn B146 Pine Branches die

I hope you will join us this week for our sketch challenge.
Remember:
EVERYONE who enters will receive $1 to From the Heart Stamps. Use it as a Discount or save them up to earn a free stamp. There are several $1 digis right now in the Project 100 category, so you could get a free digital stamp set each time you enter!
Linky will close on Sunday, 24h of January, 2016 at 10PM CST
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!!
 
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Awww little prickles is so cute and the backing paper really works well with him. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cheery card, Michelle! I'm putting this cutie on my wishlist! Darling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, isn't Prickles sweet?!! This is such a lovely card Michelle, it's an image that could be used for lots of occasions. I'm with Brenda - another one for my wish- list!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet and simple rustic card, lovely!

    ReplyDelete